Have you been seeing heightened amounts of drama or stress in yourself or the people around you? The other day I noticed that both my husband and I have this unexplainable and unjustifiable cloud that parked over our heads right before Thanksgiving. Our family is healthy, and everything is going well. What is our problem? I realized we were separately experiencing a bit of the holiday blues. Santa Claus, good food, time off, presents, parties, how could anyone feel blue? It seems that a minor case of depression, or the ho-hums, is not that unusual this time of year. What are some things you can do to feel better? Don't compare yourself to others: "They seem so happy and joyful, what is my problem?" There is no pressure on you to be festive just because it's "that time of the year." Expectation is the kiss of death. We create all this expectation about how the holiday should be, or have been in the past and we end up setting ourselves up for disappointments....
Comments
Post a Comment