Make a New Deal With Yourself

I am two weeks away from having my next baby, and 27 pounds heavier than my standing weight. For your personal comedy I will tell you I weigh 197 pounds as I sit and write this entry. Granted I'm 6'3" but my girlfriends are getting a kick out of me getting ready to hit 200 lbs.

I'm not going to lie, I have been getting tired in the past few weeks. Making it into the gym has become an increasing challenge. It got me thinking about how extra weight makes getting going difficult. Sure, I could imagine it, but for once in my life I am feeling it. Not to mention the fact that I am coming from an entire lifetime of fitness, I can't imagine telling someone about exercising, and eating well if they never have.

OK, how about a deal? My baby is arriving around the New Year. I personally have become fired up about getting into great shape. What that means to me is not just fitting into my old clothes again, it's about getting my body to do the things I know it can. Not only about looking good, but feeling good, and having fun.

In our deal, can we take this New Year as a non-emotional date to make the changes we internally desire, but can't seem to arrive at?

Let's try these:
1) Create and commit to your long-term goals. Shoot for the stars. What do you want to gain, lose, feel, achieve? Whatever it is, write it down.

2) Start slow. Attack one or two old habits at a time. Don't try and change everything all at once.

3) See the big picture and take the emotions out of it. On the days you don't feel like it, remember the long-term goal, and ask yourself, "What is more important than taking care of your health?"

4) Write it all down. Create a schedule of what you are going to do from week to week. That means if you are going to start out taking a walk around the block twice a week for 10 minutes, schedule it, write it down, and get it done.

As time goes on, add to that calendar. Add a nutritional menu for every day of the week, and begin putting a day or two on your week for cardio and strength training.

If you need to go take a class with a group to get fired up, go for it. Figure out what you need in order to make it happen. I have already learned that I need to get it over with in the morning if I'm going to get it done during the day. If I wait too long, the window for exercise closes.

5) See, believe, and stay positive. I just read this great book about a "complain-free" world, and the book basically challenges the reader to not complain or gossip for 21 days in a row. Very difficult.

The point the author makes is that our words and thoughts do create our reality. If we are always talking about what we can't do or how crappy we feel, we just continue to reinforce that reality. He says that if we say the ouch, we will find the hurt to match it. So true. If you don't believe you can do it, or you want to complain about where you are, then it's going to be difficult to move the needle.

6) Figure out what's holding you back. Is it something from your childhood, a relationship from the present or past, a school scenario? What is it? Often times we make agreements (including myslef) that we live out this contract for our entire lives on a situation that may not even exist anymore. Isn't it time to be free, move on, and get healthy? Do it.

So with this New Year's ,I'm going to invite you (grab a friend to make the change with) to make it a New Year and a New You

From yahoo health

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medical Cannabis dispensary St. Charles

Bella Sana

Shaolin Body Conditioning Tincture