Finding Time to Work Out

I spend so much time doing the same old things that I think I just put my husband's clean underwear away from the laundry for what feels like the 639th time. The funny thing is it's 10 p.m. and my three daughters have just hit the hay, so this is a great time to do what can't wait for tomorrow.

It just gets me thinking about how much energy I choose to put into so many of the things that aren't really that important. Yes, they need to get done, but I could be doing so many things that would be better for me and my family. For one, how about getting to bed? We civilized people of this planet are not getting enough sleep. How about when I'm organizing just stopping and grabbing a book to read to my 4-year-old? Which of course leads me to running errands, getting my nails done, watching a favorite show or going online to catch up on the latest gossip.

Why can't people find enough time to workout? I just don't understand why it's not one of the top five most important things we do in our day/life. Take care of and love our families and friends, go to work or school, enjoy life, help someone out, and take care of our bodies. I'm sure you could switch something around, but you get my point.

After you read this, chart out what you do over the course of five days. Write down how much time is spent on the phone, at the computer for other purposes than work, making sure the house is perfect and so on. Is there a way to find that 30-45 minutes, 4-5 times a week to move your body?

You shouldn't do exercise at the sacrifice of spending quality time with loved ones; however, the quality of that time will improve the healthier and happier you are. The expression "you can't take it with you" is cliche. But in the end, isn't it about the quality of our relationships and experiences versus making sure all my emails are answered and my home is spotless?

I have a very wise friend, Katie, who said as she was leaving from a visit, "Don't invest in things. Invest in relationships and experiences." I'm going to take it one further and say invest in your own physical health (which of course includes your mental and spiritual well-being). And now I'm hitting the send button and heading to bed.

From Yahoo health

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medical Cannabis dispensary St. Charles

Bella Sana

Shaolin Body Conditioning Tincture